What is the Zemgale Tourism Association?
The Zemgale Tourism Association (ZTA) is one of the newest regional tourism associations in Latvia, founded on 30 December 2003. The founders of the Association are the following public organisations: the Dobele District Tourism Association, the Bauska District Tourism Association, the association "Koknesei" and the municipal institution "Jēkabpils District Tourism Information Centre". In May 2010, the association "Bauska District Tourism Association" was added to the Zemgale Tourism Association (by reorganisation). Currently the Association unites 55 members.
AIM & OBJECTIVES
The aim of the Association is to promote an environment favourable to the development of tourism and to facilitate the development of a modern, environmentally friendly tourism industry in Zemgale. The main objectives are: to identify, create and develop a tourism product for Zemgale; to promote tourism-related business in Zemgale; to facilitate cooperation between tourism-related enterprises; to market tourism in Zemgale.
- Representation of Zemgale tourism interests in the Tourism Advisory Council of the Ministry of Economics, various national and regional working groups and commissions;
- organising training seminars for tourism service providers;
- participation in international tourism fairs in Lithuania and Estonia;
- organising regional tourism conferences;
- participation in regional tourism projects;
- organising experience exchange trips;
- marketing function - maintaining social network #travelzemgale accounts, updating information on the website www.travelzemgale.lv